Advantages of Coffee Intake
- Coffee can give you more energy and it can enhance your intelligence. This is because coffee has caffeine that is a very well-known psychoactive substance. After drinking coffee your bloodstream absorbs the caffeine which goes directly to the brain. The inhibitory neurotransmitter, adenosine is blocked by caffeine, which results to the increase of norepinephrine and dopamine levels in the brain.
- Coffee can make you happier and helps you avoid depression. Depression case is rapidly increasing today, and this disease is very serious that it may cause you your life. A study says that drinking coffee can lessen the chances that you will get depressed.
- A study says that coffee can lessen that chance of some types of cancers, as we all know cancer is one of the deadliest diseases in the world. Coffee can lower the risk of two kinds of cancer which is the liver cancer and colorectal cancer.
- It can improve your performance both mentally and physically. A study shows that the nervous system is stimulated by caffeine which may result to break down the body fat, this results in more fuel in the body.
- It can help you lose weight. There are many fat burning supplements out there on the market but very few of them are natural and most likely most of them does not effect. A study shows that caffeine increases your body’s metabolic system that helps you burn fat faster.
- It helps you recover faster from body pain. For some people who are engaged in working out coffee is the best natural pain reliever it is said that 2 cups of coffee can take away half of the pain you feel.
- Coffee can lower the chances of you getting type two diabetes, it is because caffeine decreases the insulin sensitivity and impairs glucose tolerance which can reduce the chances of type two diabetes.
- It improves your mental awareness.
- Coffee can lessen the chances of stroke.
Disadvantages of Coffee Intake
- Coffee can cause ulcer, caffeine and some acids found in coffee beans can cause irritation to your stomach and your small intestine.
- Too much coffee intake can cause heartburn, it can lead to the relaxation of the lower esophageal sphincter. The lower esophageal sphincter is for the muscles to be tightly closed to prevent the stomach contents back flow to the esophagus, which the hydrochloric acid burns the linings of the esophagus.
- It can cause stress and tension when you drink too much. It will release stress hormones cortisol,epinephrine and norepinephrine, these chemicals will increase your body`s tension and blood pressure.
Coffee can increase the hydrochloric acid in our stomach. When drinking coffee without food, it can stimulate the production of hydrochloric acid. The purpose of hydrochloric acid is to digest meals. However, if there is an increase in hydrochloric acid production, it might be difficult to digest a large meal.